On February 27-28, we hosted our first user group conference in Europe in Munich, at Bavarian International School. We were thrilled to welcome over 160 participants from 65 schools.
The day began with a keynote presentation by Director of Academic Studies Adrian von Wrede Jervis on “Finding the Continuum.” The talk walked participants through the challenges and benefits of implementing a continuum programme.
The keynote was followed by a general presentation from Fred Nevers of Bavarian International School on their ManageBac usage, policies and procedures. A company update from ManageBac followed.
After lunch, participants went into programme-specific breakout sessions, including:
- Policy & Protocol in the Admissions Office by Catalina Gardescu of American International School Bucharest
- ManageBac Setup for a New School & Solutions for the non-IB by Esmond Tweedie of Aiglon College
- ManageBac & Assessment in the MYP by Virginia Neilsen of Trondheim International School
- Curriculum Planning, Assessment and School-to-Home Communication in PYP by Ali Ezzeddine of SEK International School Qatar
- The Evolution of ManageBac at Sotogrande International School by Peter Reichert of Sotogrande International School
In the late afternoon, ManageBac staff led programme-specific workshops. The day concluded with a hosted dinner at Alter Wirt.
On the second day of the conference, the keynote address was given by Lance King, founder of The Art of Learning, who led a spirited discussion of ATL skills and failing well.
The morning breakout sessions included:
- Emotional Intelligence and School Admissions by Claudine Hakim and Brit Beckers
- Using ManageBac for DP as a Whole-School Communication System by Rachel Pernet of Danube International School Vienna
- Brave new world…a practical approach to the MYP changes by Caroline Hazel of ACS Egham International School
- Best practices for utilizing ManageBac in the PYP by Kaccey Mayer of International School of Central Switzerland
- Tips and tricks from a five-year ManageBac implementation by Ryan Kingsley of Stockholm International School
The afternoon breakout sessions included:
- Managing Expectations Across Admissions by Natalie Kvackova of International School Prague
- Tools for Analysis and Collation of ManageBac Data by Robin Hare of International School the Hague
- The Art of Learning by Lance King
- Using ManageBac in the PYP by Hope Steen of Trondheim International School
- ManageBac Reporting by Eddie Zevallos and Kevin Piersialla
- ManageBac & AIS Bucharest: An Implementation Story by Laura Amza and Catalina Gardescu
We had a wonderful time connecting with our schools in Europe! We were available throughout the conference to lend support, answer questions, and hear feedback. We are also very grateful to Bavarian International School for hosting us in their wonderful facilities — the coffee and delicious snacks were hugely appreciated!
Here are some photos from the conference:
For further information, you can:
- View the conference schedule. (The presenters’ slides are attached as a PDF to each session.)
- View or download the print version of our programme.
“Thanks to all the participants for being so open and sharing! It’s comforting to know that we’re on track and joining a global community of ManageBac schools.”
“Very inspiring to see what other schools are doing with ManageBac!”
“A great feat of organisation, and warmly received by the many positive attendees!”