Over the past year, we have been working to better align and standardise our interface across OpenApply and ManageBac. In late September, as a first step we updated Settings on ManageBac.
This week, we will be rolling out the new look & feel for OpenApply. Our goal was to simplify navigation and move to a responsive layout that better supports OpenApply on tablets (iPad + Android) and web.
To highlight some of the key changes:
- Dashboard key performance indicators have been simplified with the ability to show Month-on-Month, Year to Date and Year on Year metrics. QuickStart navigation lets you quickly schedule a tour, add an enquiry or RSVP for an open day.
- A Tasks feature has been introduced that allows you to set followup tasks for yourself or colleagues.
- The Applicant Profile has been redesigned with the addition of Exam Scores, allowing you to record SSAT, TOEFL and other standardised tests.
- Improved Status notifications allow you to schedule notifications for immediately delivery or on a future date.
- Applicant and student rosters are now editable in bulk, using a spreadsheet style with filtering & row selection.
- Settings is now organised under menus with a description of each section.
- Steps are sequential to guide a school through the setup process in the most logical way. This replaces the QuickStart wizard.
- The left navigation menu provides a fast, efficient way to move between pages.
Please note that these changes are for administrators viewing the backend system only. Applicant & family views are unchanged.
Thank you for your patience with this new design update! We hope that you find it an improvement. Please don’t hesitate to e-mail us at [email protected], call us, or schedule a training if you have questions or would like to walk through the system in greater detail with OpenApply staff. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
As always, we are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday.